The aim of the project OpenMT-2 is to foster research in Machine Translation (MT) technology in order to generate robust, high-quality combined MT systems and improved evaluation metrics and in the framework of the 2006-2008 OpenMT project (TIN2006-15307-C03-01). Current results in OpenMT are very satisfactory, and we foresee that further research on the basic working lines and also on some new research paths can provide much better results. The research in OpenMT-2 would be carried out in 5 main areas:
- Collection, annotation and exploitation of multilingual corpora
- Further development of the current single-paradigm translation systems
- Pre-edition, post-edition and system improving based on collaboration with a web2.0 community.
- Combining and hybridizing MT paradigms.
- Advanced evaluation for MT
We will test the functionality of the new developed MT technology and systems with four different languages: English, Spanish, Catalan and Basque. Also, systems will be applied in different contexts (i.e., different corpora domains and genres).
The main innovative points of the proposal are: